Chicken Tikka

Friday, July 08, 2011


Satish, what to say about this guy? He was rich, handsome, good looking and intelligent guy who always ranked high in studies. In his possession, he had all the good qualities except one. Satish was very shy in nature, there were many girls in the collage who were behind him, but our bholu always ran away from them. As you all know, everyone in this world at least once falls in love with someone. Since like all of us, Mr. Satish also had a normal heart, which makes too much of sound when he sees this lady (aare yaar the female character of my story). Satish who always comes to collage in branded clothes in his Porsche car; his lady love was totally opposite to her, she always comes in a simple salwar suit holding her books in one hand and a second hand mobile in the other hand. Oh yes, she comes to collage by bus. Satish fondly calls her as Angel, but I don’t have the guts to take his place so I will call his lady with the name which she got from her parents. Kavita, yes this was the name which she got from her mom and dad. Kavita and Satish were in different streams, so rarely Satish gets the chance to meet his love,  but then in love do these things matter at all? Hope you all will say no. I believe that when you are destined to fall in love with someone, then no force can stop you in doing so, even they themselves can also not run away from each other.

Everything was there with Satish except one, the boldness to tell her that he loves her. Whenever she comes in front of him, his heart changes the speed from normal to high, but since he lacks the guts to talk to Kavita, his love story was not taking any shape. Since Kavita joined the collage, eight months had passed, but until now our bholu had not expressed his feeling to her. One fine day they both met with each other in a common friend’s birthday party. As usual, all girls were trying to get Satish’s attention as he was rich and handsome, but he had focused his eye lens on Kavita, who was sitting alone in a corner. No one in the party had paid attention to her. Until now she did not know that the most handsome guy in her collage is in love with her. Anyhow, that day Satish had decided to talk to her. Till the time, he had decided to do so, the clock in the party room showed the time as 11:30 P.M. So Kavita after saying bye to her friends started to leave the place. Seeing this Satish collected all his guts and energy and walked to her, and as she was about to leave, he called her and invited her for dinner next week since next week was his birthday. She was surprised and shocked, but due to the innocence with which he had asked her for the dinner, she promised to come.  

Next week, as promised, they met in a restaurant. He was too nervous to say anything, though the AC in the shop was switched on, even though Satish was getting sweat on his forehead, which he is wiping off with the tissue paper so that Kavita doesn’t see it. Kavita was also feeling very uncomfortable as she was sitting with a guy whom she has never talked to in the collage. She thought, please let me go home. 10 minutes had passed but except “hi” they had not said anything to each other. All of a sudden, our bholu realized this and thought how to start the talk, so he called the waiter and asked Kavita, what she would like to order. Kavita thought that since he had called her for dinner so it would not look good if she will go home without having food, so she ordered Chicken Tikka with Romaali Roti. The waiter then looked at Satish. Satish after hearing Kavita’a order looked at the menu for around 10 minutes but was not able to decide what to order. The waiter then asked him, what madam had ordered can I make it two? After thinking for a minute he said yes. Kavita until now who was sitting quietly asked him with curiosity, do every time before ordering food you think so much? Satish smiled and simply said no. This was how they started talking to each other. They then talked about their family, their childhood days, and their hometown. I can say that this is a very spicy way to start a love story, isn’t it?

Order came to their table, Kavita cleaned her plate happily since now she was comfortable with Satish, but our hero he was not able to finish his food. It looked like he didn’t like the taste there or maybe he was shying. Anyhow Satish paid the bill and gave the key of his car to Kavita and asked her to go there. He said that he had seen one friend there and he will come in a minute after saying hi to him. He then dropped Kavita to her home.

 After that like our Indian Bollywood movies, they got married to each other, and lived happily thereafter in their small little world. Their life was going smooth and steady. Oh yes, to keep the memories alive as how their love started, at least twice a month Kavita used to cook Chicken Tikka in her home.

After staying together for 25 years, one fine day Satish Passed away, he left her a letter which said; “My love, please forgive me, I had never lied to you except one. Do you remember the restaurant where we first met? I was feeling very shy sitting in front of you. When I called the waiter, and he asked for my order, I was very much confused as what to order. However, when the waiter suggested me to make your order two, I said yes to him in tension. When he went away, I realized that I am a vegetarian, but it was hard for me to call him again and change my order, so I just went ahead and had Chicken Tikka for the first time in my life. I never thought that could be the start of our communication. I tried to tell you the truth many a time, even before our marriage and after our marriage, but I was too afraid to do that, as I have promised not to lie to lie to you for anything.

Now when I am dying, I am afraid of nothing. That's why I am telling you the truth: I never ever liked the non-vegetarian food. Yak! What a bad taste. If you remember after having the first Chicken Tikka of my life, I asked you to go and wait in the car. Actually, at that time I went to the restroom and vomited everything what I had. From that day onward whenever I had non-vegetarian food with you, every time I use to vomit it and slept with an empty stomach. Even though I had those non-vegetarian foods for my entire life, since I don’t want to bring tears in your eyes by telling you the truth. Chicken in my plate is ok for me, sleeping with an empty stomach is ok for me, but I can’t see tear in your eyes. If God will again send me, I am ready to have you for my whole life, even though I have to eat non-vegetarian food again." Water drops coming out from Kavita’s eye made the letter totally wet. From that day, she stopped having non-vegetarian food.

0 comments:

Post a Comment